(Brownie)
Saturday, April 14, 2007, 8:14 PM
If I remember clearly, my CCA in primary school was Brownie. I chose Brownie because of my sister's influence, she was also from that CCA in the same school. I cannot remember when I joined Brownie, but I know that i've gone through alot of things and experiences there. We played a lot of games, learnt to salute and stay attention during Thinking Day(22nd Feb) and more! At first, I was in the group Pixie but later went to Fairy. And here's our song: "We're the Fairy glad and gay, Helping others everyday." We should be a Brownie who help other people in our life. There is also The Brownie Law: A Brownie obeys and respects her elders. A Brownie thinks of others before herself. A Brownie tells the truth. A Brownie is neat and tidy. A Brownie is thrifty. A Brownie plays and works cheerfully. Also, we have to say our Brownie Promise: I promise to do my best: To do my duty to God, To serve my country and help other people; and To keep the Brownie Law. A Brownie will follow the Brownie MOTTO; LEND A HAND(LAH). In these promises we made, Brownie is a caring and helpful person. Therefore that is what the CCA was about. I really learnt alot of things and gained experiences. I thought of going to join Girl Guides in Secondary School, but sad to say that my school does not have this CCA. But nevertheless, I remember every details of Brownie, especially the Brownie Cookies that taste very good! At the end of of the Brownie meeting, we'll sing a prayer called the Brownie Bells: "O Lord our God Thy Children call; Teach us to love Thee best of all. Good Day =)